vrijdag 30 maart 2012

Sunny days

Although it's march, the weather of the past days reminded me more of late spring. There were a lot of sunny days, and our little garden really loved it. Now that the weather is turning more march-like again, I've decided to post a little update. Sadly, the pictures aren't very sunny, because I only just took them... Anyway:

We finished planting our blueberries! I hope to get a rich harvest this year. I don't really understand why one of them is already in flowers, but I'll hope it will turn out OK.


We also sowed lettuce, in trays as well as in rows:

 

This year, we're going to try growing peas for the first time. We chose Sugar Snap peas, because that's the variety we like most. They are sweet peas, you eat the both the shell and the pea (and apparently, you can also eat them raw). I put them under a net, to protect them from birds and from my cat Aiden. He loves standing on my vulnerable seedlings... :P When they grow bigger, I will let them grow on trellis.

  

And last but not least: the seeds and seedlings that I've started inside have grown super fast!

Peppers and Paprika's <3 sunny days :)
The tomatoes and cucumbers that I posted about last time. Seriously. Those are the same! :O
So... I'm hoping that the sun won't disappoint us this spring! Now that she's gone, my plants seem to have slowed down their growth...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten